Monday, May 30, 2005

Third time's the charm

Have you ever tried to do something and it just didn't click? No matter how hard you tried you just couldn't get the hang of it? Well that's how driving stick was for me. I had a couple people try to teach me and it kind of went like this...*vrrroommm jerk putter die*...Almost every time I tried to get out of first gear! The couple times I managed to get beyond first gear it went ok but those times were few and far between. It really frustrated me.

Anyway, there are certain circumstances coming up in my life that are most likely going to require me to drive stick so....off I went with Ineke to try once again. I admit I was actually dreading it. First of all, it's been pretty much a year since I've been behind the wheel of ANY car so I'm a little rusty at driving period. Plus, I'm a perfectionist, the kind where if I think I may not do something perfect I just avoid doing it. Not good, I know. But this was inevitable so I just sucked it up and prepared to fail miserably once again...

Only, this time I didn't! Somehow, I don't know if it was how Ineke explained it or what, but for some reason this time it just clicked. I was able to start and get all the way up to 3rd gear without problems. I killed the engine probably three time the entire lesson (which is a huge improvement, honest, the last few times I could've said I DIDN'T kill the engine three times the whole lesson and been proud of that! lol) But yeah, I'm so excited! I really felt comfortable, I honestly think I have this whole manual transmission thing down. Yea!

Just thought I'd share with all of you *big smile*

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

"certain circumstances coming up?" what might those be? Congrats on the lesson tho. I hate stick. lol. maybe it's because i still have not got the who driving stick thing down yet. *laughs*

Tue May 31, 02:05:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Ineke said...

*laughs*
Yes those certain circumstances make some wonder !
No need to beat around the bush anymore. I phoned Thea and they are excited to have you over !!

Tue May 31, 04:25:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger Nyum said...

OOh! Driving Stick isn't that hard. The first 2 gears is always a little difficult, but after that, it's smooth sailing ;)

I'm sure you'll become so good at it you won't even notice that you're changing gears when you do ;)

Now... just put yourself stationary on a hill and see how you go =p

Sun Jun 12, 03:59:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home