Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Fears

I was looking for a word today and stumbled upon a list of phobias. Here's some of the ones I found most humorous (note: all real words according to "The Phobia List")...

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
(don't ever give a dog peanut butter by the way, this happens to them and they freak out! *guilty look* what? I never did that...)

Eisoptrophobia- Fear of mirrors or of seeing oneself in a mirror.
(I've had some very frightening experiences looking into mirrors first thing in the morning...)

Dutchphobia- Fear of the Dutch.
(had to include it, although I can't imagine why anyone would have this one, hehe)

Pantophobia- Fear of everything.
(who can tell me where that's from? *wink*)

and my personal favorite...

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
(now come on, that's just cruel!)

It's just amazing what frightens people...

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (NKJV)

2 Comments:

Blogger SkyMommy said...

24 June *big smile*

Thu May 26, 03:12:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger SkyMommy said...

lol, you get a gold star *wink*

Thu May 26, 11:09:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home