Monday, January 17, 2005

Snails

Well it's my 19th birthday today...how crazy is that? I don't feel overwhelmingly old like I did when I turned 18. That's actually funny because I've grown up so much over the past year and am way more mature now then I was then. Oh well. I had a good, kind of, pre-birthday day with my host family. They were really sweet and Robbert and Ineke took me out to dinner at this really wonderful place in Schiedam. It was called Hossman Frérres and it was some of the best food I've ever eaten at a restaurant. I got to try snails too which was exciting. They were actually delicious. It took me forever to try the first one though, simply because of the idea
and the fact that it actually looked like a slug. But now I know that I like them so that's exciting.

I also visited a church here in Rotterdam and that was nice. I don't know if I want to attend it on a regular basis but the worship was nice and the people were really friendly so that was good. Saturday evening I also met up with a group of students involved in the group Friends Rotterdam. It's a meet up organization for Christian students living here. They were all really nice and we had a great time. This Wednesday I plan on attending a Bible study run by the same group so I'm excited about that. Woo hoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

snails? hmmm... i'm not sure if i like the thought of that or not. *smiles*

Fri Jan 28, 06:43:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home