Thursday, January 06, 2005

They left :'(

Well, now I have to quit being lazy and actually update my blogger instead of just letting you look at Joel's, lol. Joel and Helana left today at about 11am. My host mom Ineke dropped the three of us off at the airport a little after 7am and I hung out with them until it was time for them to go through passport control.

I'm so bummed. I didn't cry on the train on the way back to Rotterdam, actually I slept which is very weird for me. I have a thing about sleeping on trains...long story. Anyway, I was still ok until I got home and Ineke asked me if they got off ok. Then I burst into tears! It was rather embarrassing. Luckily today's my day off so I can mope around and rearrange my room and stuff. It's such a bummer that they're gone. I never really felt homesick until now. It was so comfortable and natural having them here. Once they got here it was like I'd never left, or like they'd been with me the whole time. There wasn't any awkward, get reacquainted junk. Now they're gone and I'm so sad to be here alone. I just want a big hug...

Well, I'm pretty sure I'll be coming home at least to visit this summer and possibly go on the music festival tour so I can get a hug then. That's only five months or so, right? *sigh*
I'm sorry. I'm not usually the depressed, complaining type but today is just a really hard day for me. I know I'll be back to my happy self in a few days and everything will be all good. At least this time Helana's not in Guatemala where I can't get a hold of her. That'll make things so much easier than last time. And if I come back for the summer then I'm at the half way point. I've been here for five months today and the festival tour's in five months. The time went by pretty fast. A lot happened but looking back it seems like it flew by.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to readjusting again and getting back in the swing of things. It was really great having them visit and now it's time for me to focus on what I want to do for the remainder of my time here. I'm excited. So much has happened and so much more is bound to be in store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home