Saturday, November 27, 2004

Ironing

Today was such a great day. After I came back from taking Caroline to preschool, Robbert said that he was going out shopping or something, he was taking Timo with him and could I do some laundry? Interestingly enough, that had already been my plan and I had actually thrown a load into the washing machine earlier that morning. So, in the absence of any children, I decided to do the incredible amount of ironing that had been piling up over the last couple of weeks. See, here most people hang dry their laundry and so you have to iron everything. That ended up taking me the entire day! (it had been awhile since I'd done any ironing, I guess). Well I'm sure you're wondering why an entire day of ironing other people's clothes qualifies as a great day. The reason it was so wonderful is because, it's the day after Thanksgiving and my rule is I don't listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. So, the whole day was spent doing the mindless chore of ironing and singing and dancing to music I only get to listen to once a year. It put me in such a great mood! For those of you who know me, you would be so proud of me. I'm the opposite of Scrooge this year, I'm actually looking forward to Christmas! Tomorrow I plan on doing a little Christmas shopping, actually I have a few Christmas presents already purchased. Today was just a plain wonderful day and I expect tomorrow to be just as great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Nice job on keeping up the Blog!!! I've never ironed much, but then again ive never like doing it much. lol :)

Mon Nov 29, 12:15:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home