Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone is having a great time today and that you're able to spend the holiday with those that you love. Obviously it's a bit different here since they don't celebrate Thanksgiving. To be honest it makes me pretty sad because Thanksgiving is pretty much my favorite holiday and it's usually the only time of year that I get to see certain parts of my family. I was going to try to make a Thanksgiving dinner for my host family but unfortunately most of the traditional food you can't buy here. What's a Thanksgiving dinner with out turkey, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie?! With out all those it's just dinner. So I abandoned the idea. I was actually looking forward to making it too. I made Thanksgiving dinner one year for my mom and the Brunnette family because the rest of my family went down to see my Oma but my mom was sick and couldn't go. That was one of my favorite things I've ever done. It felt so great to sit down to a dinner that I made all myself. I think Amanda made the turkey actually but I made pretty much everything else. Anyway it was a great year. Every Thanksgiving holds great memories for me and so this Thanksgiving that's what I can be thankful for. Even though I'm on the other side of the world from the people I love the most and can't have the yummy stuff I usually have, I still have so many great memories from Thanksgivings past. Plus, I'm on pretty much the biggest adventure of my life so far and the family that I'm with is so good to me. The kids are great, I love them to death and I think they love me too now. It's a beautiful day and things could not be much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home