Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kinda sad yet funny

Well, I'm going back pretty soon and I thought these were pretty funny (p.s. I had to post both Chicago and Indiana since I'm so close to Chicago that they all pretty much apply to me)

~You Know You're From Chicago When...

You say "Wanna go with?" when you mean "Do you want to come with me?"

You know what Kennedy, Dan Ryan, Eisenhower, Edens, and Bishop Ford, have in common and curse one of them daily.

You know what Giordanos, Lou Malnati's, and Gino's have in common.

You know when the last time the Cubs won a pennant.

You don't pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois. You become irate at people who do

You measure distance in minutes (especially "from the city"). And you swear everything is pretty much 15 minutes away

You know what goes on a Chicago Style Hot Dog

You know what Chicago Style Pizza REALLY is

You understand what "lake-effect" means

You know what the phone number is to Empire Carpet!*

You wear gym shoes, not sneakers.


~You Know You're From Indiana When...

You drive for three hours and the scenery outside doesn't change.

There's three feet of snow on the ground and school is still in session.

While driving all you see is corn.

People still have Christmas decorations up at Easter.

There really is more than corn in Indiana. There’s soybeans, too.

You're proud to be called a Hoosier, even if you don't know what one is.

You have no problem spelling or pronouncing "Terre Haute"

"Getting caught by a train" is a legitimate excuse for being late to school.

You know what FFA and 4H stand for.

There's actually a college near you named "Ball State."

* I actually do, how sad is that! lol (588)2300EMPIRE

6 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

i am so from Chicago / Indiana. *hehe*

Thu Nov 10, 01:48:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger PastorJon said...

It's sad that I can relate to EVERY one of those!
Looking forward to seeing you come home soon!

Sun Nov 13, 05:26:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Admin said...

Too bad this blog is no longer being kept but I'm glad you had a great time being an au pair. Wish we has such an extensive opportunity like you do!

Thu Sep 09, 05:42:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger aupairstories said...

you know you are in California when people say
"Hey, whats up dude" lol

Wed Sep 29, 06:40:00 PM GMT+2  
Blogger nannyaus said...

Are you looking for an extra hand to help our with your household and your children?

Nanny Australia is offering Nanny, Au Pair, Babysitting and Tutoring services to parents in Australia.

Au Pair companions are international visitors who travel to Australia on a Working or Student Visa to acquire a better understanding and appreciation of Australian life while living with an Australian family and caring for their young children. They become full-fledged family members, sharing a cultural exchange experience, which often leads to a lasting relationship with the host family.

Should you be interested in hosting an Au Pair, please email our friendly team and we will answer all your questions.

team@nannyaustralia.com.au
Find A babysitter Australia

Thu Apr 14, 09:12:00 AM GMT+2  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its been 8 months since my husband returned back to me all thanks to Dr. OKO for his help. My husband left me for his boss at the office, she tricked him with what I don’t know that one day my husband came home to say he will be traveling for a seminal with his boss and that was the last day he came home. For one year I have been battling with my marriage, my husband don’t want to see me or our child non send money. Until I read about Dr. Oko’s great work online, so I contacted him for an advice and after my encounter with oko, behold my husband came home begging for forgiveness. I forgave him and we moved on but the most surprising thing was that my husband said his boss threatened to sack him if he stop seeing her but everything turn out to be promotion, just as Dr. OKO said it was going to be in the end. I came in here to share it just in case there’s anyone who is going through such or heartbreaks OKO will help you out. Contacts: okotemple@live.com (+2347084878384)

Tue Mar 03, 06:03:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home