Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Still in limbo

Well, we're still in Den Haag. What can I say? I'm learning to appreciate the little things in life even more than normal. The house doesn't really smell bad anymore, the cleaners are actually done in it and we got all the mattresses and stuff back yesterday. Hopefully the builders started in the cellar today but the installation of the water heater and that will probably not happen until sometime early next week.

Some good things though...I am VERY grateful for warm showers (or relatively, the shower in Den Haag has the annoying habit of going from nice and warm to cold to scalding with no warning whatsoever...however it is seriously light years better than the so-cold-it-makes-your-head-ache shower I had at the Rotterdam house this weekend)

I am also beyond grateful to finally be able to do laundry again. We have extremely limited electricity at the house but thankfully one of the things that gets it is the washing machine. I never thought I would ever be so excited to do laundry in my life. I was literally jumping up and down happy, hehe. I've done about six loads of laundry (not just mine of course) in the past two days and I'm honestly so happy about it.

Hm, what else...I never realized how important personal space was to me. But living in basically one big room with five or six other people wears on you after awhile. Thankfully it's only temporary, it's not definite but if nothing goes wrong and there are not more delays we may be able to move back into the Rotterdam house a week from today *crosses fingers*

We'll see though. Three or four days has turned into three or four weeks so yeah...I guess with all the lessons in patience I've been getting in the past year I still haven't learned it well enough yet, lol. I feel like I've kept a pretty positive view throughout this whole thing though and it will be over soon so I can handle a little inconvenience for another week or two. I am really really looking forward to getting back to normal life! Sorry the updates won't be very frequent until we're back in the house again but I'll try and post something whenever I get a chance. *smile*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home