Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Italy

Well, I had an amazing weekend. I took a trip with my friend Anna Maria to Italy. We flew into Pisa and spent the day there


Here's me in front of the tower.


A city street in Pisa.


The weather was beautiful and we lounged around on the grass around the tower for awhile and just soaked up the sun.


I then went up to the top of the tower. That was so crazy because you could actually feel the lean as you were walking up the spiral staircase!


When we'd seen all we wanted to see in Pisa we took the train to Florence. Isn't it a beautiful city?


One of the first things we visited was the Cathedral. I honestly think, from the outside, this cathedral was the most spectacular building I've ever seen in my life. This picture doesn't come close to doing it justice...it really took my breath away.


This is the ceiling of the dome of the cathedral. Absolutely amazing as well.


This is me at the top of the dome.


Later we went to the Accadamia and saw The David by Michelangelo. The detail of this work of art is unreal especially because it's huge. Something you definitely never forget.


This is a bridge in Florence. It actually has little shops on it, very cute.


Sunday we took the bus to a little beautiful little town on a hill outside Florence called Fiesole.


We sat on the top of a hill with a gorgeous view of the houses and hills below for most of the afternoon. It was so wonderful and relaxing.


It was a good trip and I look forward to returning again in the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

wow. looks like an amazing place. one of these days i'll get around to going there as well. *smile* good job on the pics too. seems like you had fun!!! rock on.

Tue Mar 22, 09:50:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home