Wednesday, February 09, 2005

hugs

I was in such a bummer mood last night. I'm not really sure why, I think I was a little homesick or something...all I knew is I just wanted a hug. I'm a big hugger and so living way over here with no one to hug (they do kisses over here, very "cool" and European but not the same) can be hard for me sometimes. Anyway, I pretty much slept it off and woke up in a much better mood. I still really wanted a hug but I was ok without it. I worked at the office all day today, which I enjoyed. Then when I got home, I walked in the door, took off my coat and set my stuff down and stuff. Then Caroline saw I was home and from across the room yelled "Abigail!!!" and ran over to greet me. She then wanted me to pick her up and hold her and we snuggled and danced to the music that was on for a good five minutes (which is impressive for any two year old *giggle*). God is so good isn't He? He knew just what I needed. I love that little girl so much, she really made my day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

sounds like a tad bit of culture shock setting in. it's not a bad thing, but it happens to people. i'm glad she was able to brighten your day. *smile*

Thu Feb 10, 06:09:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will hug you ANYTIME!! yes... this cheek-kiss thing is all very cosmopolitan, but there's nothing like a big hug. so... HUG!!!!! ik krijg veel knuffeltjes van de kinderen, dat vind ik leuk, maar niet hetzelfde as grote mensen knuffels. :)

Sun Feb 13, 08:04:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger SkyMommy said...

Thank you all *big smile* Caitlin, I'll take you up on that offer next time I see you by the way *wink*

Sun Feb 13, 08:13:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home