Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Cold

We don't have internet access at the house so I have to walk to my host mom's office to get on the net. It's not really a bother since it's like a two minute walk however, it's extremely cold in here right now which makes it really hard to concentrate. Other than that though there's not a huge amount of exciting stuff going on in my life at the moment. It's actually been really nice not to have a ton of stuff to do all the time. I've had a lot of time to just relax and really think, I never really had that before. For so long I was always running, running, running and as I'm sure most of you know that's just exhausting after awhile. But here I've done my fair share of exploring the area but apart from my Dutch lessons on Monday and Wednesday nights there's almost no place that I absolutely have to be. I've also been trying to stay in a bit more since it seems like every time I go out I see something that I just have to buy and I'm trying to actually save some money in anticipation of Joel and Helana coming. But like I was saying, I've gotten a chance to really think about where I want my life to go. I think everyone should take a year and be able to just decide what's important in life before they barrel head first into life. Maybe that's why there's so many people who are miserable, in jobs they hate and just plain burnt out. I hope to come out of this a much more cultured and confident person ready to take on life and do what I'm really called to do. Like I said, lot's of thinking time and these are just a few thoughts that have come of that. No actual decisions yet but I'm getting more and more clear ideas as time goes by. Any conclusions I come to I'll definitely let ya know. Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

glad you are getting some time to think. i look fwd to hearing about your thoughts on the future when we come to visit. :)

Thu Nov 11, 05:20:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home