Sunday, September 04, 2005

Transylvania

Well, I had a great Saturday. Marcel, a colleague of Marcel's, Ella, Abel, and I (Thea stayed home with Sam and Job was away at Judo camp) left early in the morning around 6:15am and headed to Transylvania for the day. It was about a four or five hour drive west over the mountains from where I'm staying. We saw three different cities and I'll just let the pictures speak for the rest.

Bradsov


The city square, it's such a cute little city with a big old wall around it. And just about everything is in both Romanian and German.



The largest Gothlic church in Eastern Europe


The Inside of the church


A little old women selling flowers on the street


a view from the hill over looking the city

Bran


welcome to Dracula's castle


Dracula's castle


Dracula's front door


a view from inside

Risnov


the wall of the fort


view from the top of the fort


me!

So that was my day. We drove home that same night and were back around 8pm or so. It was so much fun! *smile*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home